Home

 

About Us

 

Staff

 

Services

 

Community

 

Contacts


Edmonds Marshall, Lawyers, Matamata has been providing legal services to individuals and businesses since 1918, when the partnership was known as Buchanan & Purnell.

John Buchanan moved from Thames to Matamata to open another office of Buchanan & Purnell in 1918. Mr Buchanan was also Mayor of the Matamata Borough Council from 1941-1942 and he played a large part within the Matamata community, inaugurating several of the local sports clubs.

In 1943, Lionel Welham became a partner of the firm, which became known as Buchanan & Welham. Mr Welham also played a large part in the community serving as Deputy Mayor from 1950-1953.

Graham Edmonds joined the firm in 1951 (Welham & Edmonds). Graham was a partner of the firm for many years, retiring to become a consultant to the firm in 1987. Graham also was a Matamata Borough Councillor and was a Hamilton District Law Society Council member.

Peter Wilson joined the firm in 1956 (Welham Edmonds & Wilson) following Lionel’s death. Peter retired from the firm in 1979 and was the Matamata Coroner for some time.

John Marshall became a partner of the firm in 1961 (Edmonds, Wilson & Marshall). John left the partnership in 1995 to move to Kerikeri where he is a practicing barrister. During his time with the firm, John held positions as a Matamata Borough Councillor, a Council member and President of the Hamilton District Law Society.

Kurt Edmonds, Shane Marshall, David Parker and Jamie Rae are now the four partners of Edmonds Marshall. Kurt (Graham’s nephew) joined the firm in 1976 with Shane (John’s son) joining in 1982. David was originally employed at a branch office the firm had in Katikati in 1998 moving to Matamata in 2006. Jamie came into the partnership in 2016.

 

 

Edmonds Marshall, Lawyers, Matamata

 

Copyright: Edmonds Marshall Lawyers


Contact:

21 Arawa Street South
PO Box 62
DX GA27002
MATAMATA 3440

Ph: 07 888 8137
Fax: 07 888 8134
Email: lawyers@emlaw.co.nz