Edmonds Marshall Lawyers Matamata has been providing legal services to individuals and businesses since 1918, when the partnership was known as Buchanan & Purnell.
John Buchanan moved from Thames to Matamata to open another office of Buchanan & Purnell in 1918. Mr Buchanan was also Mayor of the Matamata Borough Council from 1941-1942 and he played a large part within the Matamata community, inaugurating several of the local sports clubs.
John Marshall became a partner of the firm in 1961 (Edmonds, Wilson & Marshall). John left the partnership in 1995 to move to Kerikeri where he was a practicing barrister. During his time with the firm, John held positions as a Matamata Borough Councillor, a Council member and President of the Hamilton District Law Society.
Shane Marshall became a partner of the firm in the 80’s. Shane has now retired as partner and is no longer practising law but can be contacted by staff if need be.